You might have heard of intermittent fasting and think that is a new diet regime. However, intermittent fasting is less about what you eat and more about when you eat. Want to know more intermittent fasting? You are at the right place.
What is Intermittent fasting?
- It is based on eating only between sunrise and sunset.
- Intermittent fasting allows you to eat only during a specific time. Although there are different options, the most common intermittent fasting method is eating for 8 hours and fasting (not eating) for 16 hours.
- Fasting for a certain number of hours each day or eating just one meal a couple days a week, can help your body burn fat.
What is NOT Intermittent fasting?
- It is not a diet program or diet list.
- It does not dictate what to eat or even portions.
- It does not prohibit certain food groups.
There is no set intermittent fasting plan – the method lets you eat normally during the eating hours but of course it goes without saying that you need to be conscious of what you put in your body. Most people choose 8:16 method but important thing to remember is that the 8 hours of eating needs to happen until sunset. In essential, not eating after sunset lengthens the period that your body burns through the calories consumed during your last meal, as a result you burn more fat.
After your last meal, in addition to water, you can consume sugar free tea, herbal tea and mineral water. If you are not sure how to go about planning your meals according to intermittent fasting, we have a 5-day program designed by our nutritional advisor just for this. Juico Intermittent package contains 4 small meals each day set according to 8:16 method. Juico Intermittent is perfect for you if you would like an introduction into intermittent fasting with delicious, nutritious salads, soups, juices and sugar free snacks!