HOW TO DO A JUICE DETOX?
You will receive a how-to email after you complete your order; however, if you would like to know more on the following questions now, please read on.
Juice detox consists of fresh, raw juices and nut milks that are full of vitamins, minerals and enzymes. For those who do not want to do a juice-only program, we have nutritious and low calorie packages that contain both cold press juices and also healthy food such as salads, soups and snacks.
BEFORE YOU START
It is very important to adjust your diet 2-3 days before you start your cleanse. The more you take care before, the easier it will be during the cleanse! Try to stay away from (or at least reduce) caffeine, alcohol, processed foods, red meat, fats, sugar, salt, dairy products. This will help your body go through a smooth transition. Prepare your body for the cleanse by introducing or increasing the amount of fruits and veggies, whole grains, kinoa and raw food in your diet.
If you drink coffee or black tea every day, try to decrease the quantity 1 or 2 days before the cleanse. Changing your diet a few days before you start will make the transition easier.
WHAT TO DO DURING THE CLEANSE?
- 1 Drink or eat your Juicos every 2 hours according to the instructions flyer sent to you with your package. You can choose your own start time but the last Juico should be consumed at least 2 hours before bed.
- 2 During juice cleanse programs, the 6 juices will keep you full and nourished; so you won’t need to eat anything although it is very important to drink lots of water.
- 3 Juices should be kept cold and refrigerated, at all times. Because they have not been pasteurized and contain no preservatives, they are full of live enzymes, vitamins and minerals. Thanks to our cold-press method, they will stay fresh for 3 days after delivery as long as they are kept cold and unopened. Our blends on the other hand should be consumed within 2 days.
- 4 It helps to wake up the digestive system if you start the day with a glass of water at room temperature. Even better if you put a few slices of lemon in it.
- 5 It is crucial to stay hydrated all day long. Drink a glass of water between every Juico.
- 6 You can drink as much green tea or herbal tea as you want. Black tea is not recommended.
- 7 If possible try to rest up! Detox is a serious business for the body.
WHAT CAN I EAT DURING THE JUICE CLEANSE?
Although juice cleanse is about eating no solid food and drinking our juices only, if you absolutely have to chew on something or feel compelled to drink coffee have a look below:
- One or two cucumbers, a carrot, raw fruit and veggies that are not too sweet
- Half an avocado
- Vegetable broth (no extra salt)
- Small cup of black coffee (no sugar)
WHAT TO EAT AFTER THE CLEANSE
Introduce solid food slowly into your system. If you go back to fatty food and
lots of animal protein right away, your body won’t like it at all! After a few
days you can slowly add fish into your diet and then everything else.
We recommend you follow the menu below for a few days after the cleanse:
Fruit - do not mix too many different kinds of fruit together
Fruit or raw vegetables, a vegan salad (feel free to add lemon juice and olive oil)
Salad again or a vegetable dish or a light vegetable soup
WHICH DETOX PACKAGE AND FOR HOW LONG?
Juice cleanses are recommended for a period of 2-3 days every month. Because everybody’s eating habits and body is different, of course the frequency or the duration may change. If you do not feel ready for a 3 day cleanse you can start with even a 1 day cleanse and repeat it more frequently.
Juice & food mixed packages are for 1-5 days but you can order multiple packages and continue the whole week.
HOW FREQUENT SHOULD JUICO DETOX BE REPEATED?
Although it depends on the person and the need, generally we recommend a 2 or 3 day cleanse every 3 weeks to a month. For those people who cannot spare a few days every month at least once every 2 months would be beneficial. One day cleanses could be repeated more often. For example some people choose to cleanse one day every week. Packages that contain solids can be repeated every week as well.
Juice cleanse is recommended for people without any health conditions. People with diabetics, people who use blood thinners or pregnant and nursing women are not recommended to do a full day juice cleanse. If you have any health conditions or are on a medication, please consult your doctor before you start. People with compromised or weak immune systems should not be doing a juice cleanse without consulting their doctors.